Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   6x9 Wiring question (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23793)

01OldsAleroGt 09-08-2008 11:22 AM

6x9 Wiring question

hey gotta question.. i would like to clean up the wiring install of the rear speakers.. but i'd like to have both sets of the wires to be hooked up.. now i know i do have the monsoon system and i still have my stock deck in perfect working order... now how would i go by wiring up the rear aftermarket 6x9s so everything works

itsbmw 09-08-2008 03:01 PM

splice into the stock connector. Just make sure you get the right pins because I think 2 of them are power wires and 2 of them are for sound. I dont know how itll work with the Monsoon system because i havent done it yet :p But Im sure someone has the pinouts for the stock connectors.

Ryan from Ohio 09-08-2008 06:38 PM

Appears they are dual voice coils? Or one input for tweeters and one for sub?

Im not quite sure.

One thing I am sure about is factory amps, speakers and decks suck.

01OldsAleroGt 09-08-2008 06:59 PM

ya wanna know what... i don't want to deal with aftermarket decks or amps. im happy with what i have with stock.. its just that i would want some more durable speakers ... thats all im after

plus i've had bad luck with either h/us and cds in my past cars i don't wanna run something which adds appeal to steal...

itsbmw 09-08-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01OldsAleroGt (Post 386010)
ya wanna know what... i don't want to deal with aftermarket decks or amps. im happy with what i have with stock.. its just that i would want some more durable speakers ... thats all im after

plus i've had bad luck with either h/us and cds in my past cars i don't wanna run something which adds appeal to steal...

Get a kenwood KDC-MP238 :) I got that, + detachable faceplate. I love it and it was cheap :) 126 installed. take faceplate off, put in protective case that comes with it(also cleans it) lock in glovebox. done :) But if you dont want it just get a good amp with a good line out converter :)

01OldsAleroGt 09-09-2008 12:25 AM

not to get off subject... but is there a way to wire up all four wires into an aftermarket set of speakers

Cliff8928 09-09-2008 01:13 AM

Do you already have aftermarket 6x9s?

surreal_awakening 09-09-2008 08:07 AM

I'm not sure if the Monsoon system is the same or not, but the upgraded delco system that preceded it works like this. The rear speaker feeds leave the HU and go to the IP junction blocks (the fuse panels on the ends of the dash). When they get there, they are split into 2 feeds each. One goes direct to the high side input on the rear speakers, the other goes to the amp where it seems to be (maybe I'm wrong) run through a half-assed internal crossover, then on to the low side input on the rear speakers. Maybe someone can comment on whether or not the Monsoon is set up the same way. If it is, then it would seem to me that you would need to grab one of the feeds. Prior to the amp they should be the same I think. Just go straight to the speaker with it, instead of to the amp. The problem is, it will be un-amped, so you won't have much power going to the rear speakers. Someone correct me if I've totally botched that, or if Monsoon is different.

01OldsAleroGt 09-09-2008 10:15 AM

yes i do have aftermartket 6x9s. i pulled em outta the j/y and they were brand new fuzions.

Cliff8928 09-09-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surreal_awakening (Post 386151)
I'm not sure if the Monsoon system is the same or not, but the upgraded delco system that preceded it works like this. The rear speaker feeds leave the HU and go to the IP junction blocks (the fuse panels on the ends of the dash). When they get there, they are split into 2 feeds each. One goes direct to the high side input on the rear speakers, the other goes to the amp where it seems to be (maybe I'm wrong) run through a half-assed internal crossover, then on to the low side input on the rear speakers. Maybe someone can comment on whether or not the Monsoon is set up the same way.

Nope, in the monsoon, all 8 drivers are amplified through an individual channel on the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01OldsAleroGt (Post 386170)
yes i do have aftermartket 6x9s. i pulled em outta the j/y and they were brand new fuzions.

Those probably won't work the way you want them too.. There are some 6x9s that have external crossovers which would be the only way it would work. And at that, I don't think anyone has actually tried it.

Ryan from Ohio 09-09-2008 01:05 PM

Well in that case.

you could disconnect the feeds leading into the tweeters and hook them up separate.

If you have the old monsoon speaker upgrade to the newer. Outside that your basically screwed.

01OldsAleroGt 09-09-2008 10:48 PM

i have the 01 alero so if im correct it has the newer monsoon.. and ryan... i did that.. but now my drivers side stopped working after a while.. i think i may of blew the speaker.