Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Trac Off After Exhaust Work? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26424)

Misuseofyou 03-21-2009 06:50 PM

Trac Off After Exhaust Work?

I just got my car back from the mechanic after getting my header, 2 1/4 pipe and muffler installed. Two things: when I start the car there's a god awful rattle from the back which I think is from the muffler not being held tightly. More importantly though, my Trac Off light is on. When I got it back I took it for a spin and the light only came on after a few kilometers. I wasn't far from home, so I kept driving and checked under the hood and car in my driveway. There was a burning rubber smell, though no visible smoke or anything touching the exhaust pipe or header. He didn't reconnect my downstream o2 sensor (the one after the cat?) but there were no lights coming on that point. I'm supposed to bring it back for him to lengthen the wires and reconnect the sensor. I called and told him about the Trac Off light as well and I'm going back after work some time next week to have it read. Any thoughts?

[ion] C2 03-21-2009 07:07 PM

Upstream O2 sensor wiring is messed up a bit. (Happened to me when tapping into a wire for narrowband, somehow fooked up the voltage/current)

Misuseofyou 03-21-2009 07:24 PM

I'll check that. Why should that screw with the traction control though? Seems like completely unrelated things.

BeeMain 03-21-2009 07:57 PM

unless they hit the tiny little wire going to the ABS sensors when installing your exhaust. It's a real POS and wouldn't take much to damage if it got hooked

Misuseofyou 03-21-2009 08:01 PM

ABS light isn't on. I found one thread in a forum where just the Trac Off light was on and they said o2 sensor as well.

[ion] C2 03-21-2009 08:30 PM

Yep you may see SES and/or Trac Off on at various times if the primary O2 sensor wiring is somehow altered. Odd stuff.

PappaSmurf 04-19-2009 11:16 PM

Ion,
I have somewhat of the same problem, however my Anti-Lock, Trac-off, and Service engine light just came on today after getting to work. I had my muffler installed on friday. No other mods other than the WAI. Could it be an O2 sensor?
-Smurf-

AleroDrime 04-19-2009 11:28 PM

iga sensor check it

[ion] C2 04-19-2009 11:31 PM

what the hell is an iga sensor? lol

PappaSmurf 04-19-2009 11:36 PM

Yeah, what Ion said. What the hell???

[ion] C2 04-19-2009 11:37 PM

Oh, as for your problem, it looks like a wheel hub, or the sensor/wiring that goes to the wheel hub. Those malfunction lights typically indicate wheel hub/bearing failure.

PappaSmurf 04-19-2009 11:41 PM

Ion,
Thanks. I have done the searching part, yet they all seem to have low brake fluid. LOL
Also, I noticed today when the lights came on that there is now a sqeaky belt noise coming from the engine. could this be something to do with the wheel hub failure as well, or just a belt that needs to be changed?
One more thing, how much does the wheel hub replacement cost?
-Smurf-

shez 04-20-2009 12:27 AM

aleroracing is commanding you to check it. you should get on that pronto.

PappaSmurf 04-20-2009 01:44 AM

yessamasser,
If I knew what they hell he was talking about with an IGA sensor...LOL
Maybe it the I've Got Aids sensor. HAHAHA

Gr1m 04-20-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroRacing (Post 454969)
iga sensor check it

check the flux capacitor while your there

PappaSmurf 04-20-2009 03:24 AM

Grim,
Thanks, I went ahead and checked the flux cap it seemed fine. While I was at it I added some halogen fluid to my headlights because of the bad weather we are having out here. Also I tightened the 710 cap on my car cause it was loose. Thanks for the info though. LOL
-Smurf-

AleroDrime 04-20-2009 11:28 PM

eff yall i got teh name wrong i guess, i looked like he said he did his intake, my sensor was messed up i had issues wiht he car, i had similar lights come, on, yall helped diagnose and that thing was it

i try to be a helpful member, not a thread basher

sry double checked my self its the IAT sensor i was trying to recomend