Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Crash.... (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27713)

rowdygls 06-25-2009 10:48 AM

Crash....

Some moron decided this morning to not pay attention and rear ended me. It was on the way to work so I don't have pics and if I did I wouldn't be able to upload them. My bumper is cracked pretty good and I will need a new trunk thanks to the brush guard he had. This is my minimum estimate at this point. I will get pics hopefully loaded up tonight after work.

jackal2000 06-25-2009 11:01 AM

sorry to hear man.

Trickyslick 06-25-2009 11:19 AM

Dam and you have one nice Ho too.

Old's Wife 06-25-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowdygls (Post 474106)
Some moron decided this morning to not pay attention and rear ended me. It was on the way to work so I don't have pics and if I did I wouldn't be able to upload them. My bumper is cracked pretty good and I will need a new trunk thanks to the brush guard he had. This is my minimum estimate at this point. I will get pics hopefully loaded up tonight after work.

That sucks Randy.... I am sooo sorry

CactusWill 06-25-2009 11:36 AM

That sucks man. Well it sounds like he at least did the right thing and stopped afterwards. My neighbor got rear ended in her saturn not too long ago by some dude in a truck and he took off like a bat out of hell.

rowdygls 06-25-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old's Wife (Post 474113)
That sucks Randy.... I am sooo sorry

The good news is it was a low speed crash so the paint job on the quarter panels is fine...the bumper didn't buckle those and the rims are fine as well ;)

Nate's Alero 06-25-2009 11:45 AM

thank god the rear 1/4 are ok, no bondy useage here

Gr1m 06-25-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 474125)
thank god the rear 1/4 are ok, no bondy useage here

he was referring to the ghosted symbols in his 1/4 not the body work to fix them

Oldsman 06-25-2009 12:19 PM

damnit that really sucks. hopefully it gets all fix and like new

Redog 06-25-2009 12:19 PM

Well Randy glad everybody is OK.

My wife would cry if those 1/4's were damaged

rowdygls 06-25-2009 06:43 PM

Just got a quote from the dealership....$4300.

cherrington17 06-25-2009 06:59 PM

sucks to hear... hope it gets fixed properly.

rowdygls 06-25-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 474245)
sucks to hear... hope it gets fixed properly.

Me too...if they are even going to fix it. Value of my car is only 4K stock...this might get interesting

jackal2000 06-25-2009 07:02 PM

how is that $4300 worth of damage?!

[ion] C2 06-25-2009 07:03 PM

You let dealerships work on your car?

Edit: Like jackal says. Dealers don't know what things are worth. They probably estimated that rear bumper to be a $1000 part haha.

rowdygls 06-25-2009 07:06 PM

Dealership quote. New pieces plus the paint time and prep for a custom color. I don't know how or why its high..but thats ok as long as I keep the car.

No, the dealership has only done one repair ever on the car...I have my own shop that does the work.

EDIT....Actually...they quoted the rear bumper at 300 including freight. The trunk and the stupid piece that holds the plate comes to almost $1000. There is also another $300 part that is inside the trunk that is tacked on as well.

worknprog.99 06-25-2009 07:43 PM

i say junk yard the trunk and just have it painted... if possible? that would knock off alot of money

[ion] C2 06-25-2009 08:00 PM

yeah, my parts yard trunk was $75

bdyman 06-25-2009 08:10 PM

randy i`ll get to your situation in a minute.....................guys do you think insurance companies and us the tech work for free???, $4,300 is about right, body labor is up to 65, frame labor is up to 95, paint labor is up to 65, mechanical is up to 85, plus the cost of part plus the cost of labor to install said parts, not to mention what if the rear body panle is damaged??? huh?? that frame labor right there

and the shop has to get paid, we techs have to get paid, plus tax in his area, plus hazordous material, plus wet sand buff, plus covver car, the l ist goes on, god you people would think after all these yrs of me posting the correct info you dumb effs would get the hint by now

ok randy onto you it truley sucks balls, iam glad your ok and your family is ok as well, it is your choice where you want to take the car, mt advice to you is not to let a dealership fix this car, why not have the shop that painted your car do the work, the only reason i say this is becasue dealerships dont and will not give you the quality you want its wham bam thank you maam, get this pos out of my stall kinda mentality

at the ma and pop shops like i work for, we sit down take our time, no one bothers us, when nthe car is done its done, and you will never see the shop again, see my point??

or you could bring the car to me and i`ll make sure its fixed better then facotry, what kind of insurance are we dealing with here??

rowdygls 06-25-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdyman (Post 474271)
ok randy onto you it truley sucks balls, iam glad your ok and your family is ok as well, it is your choice where you want to take the car, mt advice to you is not to let a dealership fix this car, why not have the shop that painted your car do the work, the only reason i say this is becasue dealerships dont and will not give you the quality you want its wham bam thank you maam, get this pos out of my stall kinda mentality

at the ma and pop shops like i work for, we sit down take our time, no one bothers us, when nthe car is done its done, and you will never see the shop again, see my point??

or you could bring the car to me and i`ll make sure its fixed better then facotry, what kind of insurance are we dealing with here??

State Farm. I plan on taking it back to the shop that painted it originaly.