Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Coupe turbo project (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27805)

Caboose73 07-15-2009 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 479048)
we need to race,


before or after i finish my engine? and what could i put up as collateral? ive never applied for a loan before so any help i can get ill take everyone i talk to just says get a good co signer and you will be all set

99-alero 07-15-2009 04:44 AM

i had no problem gettin a loan with no collatoral just a good co signer, preferably some1 who owns property, good credit etc etc

Spilner521 07-16-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 479048)
we need to race,

Why, what are you bringing?

Alerosaint 07-16-2009 10:32 PM

^^ a rocket powered sled...heh heh

Caboose73 07-21-2009 07:58 PM

mini update
 
Pics of the crank going in,the rest will be finished this week :yahoo: :yahoo:





NickAlero2000 07-21-2009 08:41 PM

I have a few turbo parts and gauges (glowshift boost and glowshift wideband o2.
PM me if you are interested.

Caboose73 07-21-2009 09:50 PM

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...tech102.html#c

Spilner521 07-23-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caboose73 (Post 480359)

Ok...exhaust manifolds...

Caboose73 07-28-2009 10:22 PM

Quick spool flange?
 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-T6-HT3B-Quick-Spool-Flange-w-actuator-system_W0QQitemZ150344690041QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMot ors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item23013de97 9&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A1 2|39%3A1|240%3A1318


Im going to be running a twin scroll turbocharger and a custom divided flange tubular turbo manifold anyone have any experience with this flange or similar products?

[ion] C2 07-28-2009 10:41 PM

You'd be better off designing the manifold like Garrett says, with complimentary cylinders on each side of the divided flange.

Caboose73 07-29-2009 10:30 PM

More pics
 
Update almost done :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:






Afugy 07-29-2009 10:49 PM

I'm so jealous right now.

[ion] C2 07-30-2009 12:41 AM

so he's gonna leave those stickers on the pistons? lol

colonel6632 07-30-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 482449)
so he's gonna leave those stickers on the pistons? lol


they'll get burned away :lol: :rolleyes2:

_01Alero_ 07-30-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 482449)
so he's gonna leave those stickers on the pistons? lol


haha thats exactly what I was thinking....

Looks like it is coming along very nicely... Congrats on the build.

DOHC_tuner 07-30-2009 05:53 PM

Looks good...but I still suggest as I do to others on here..."you should have learned how to do it yourself". Learn how to rebuild it so you gain something from it and fix it yourself when something goes wrong. Now all you can say is "oh I paid someone to do it for me".

kwhauck 07-31-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 482610)
Looks good...but I still suggest as I do to others on here..."you should have learned how to do it yourself". Learn how to rebuild it so you gain something from it and fix it yourself when something goes wrong. Now all you can say is "oh I paid someone to do it for me".



could be half and half though, maybe his motor is getting built and he understands the jist of it, but doesn't have the time or tools to do it, but he may be putting together the turbo kit himself.......


I'll admit that my bottem end is being put together at a shop, because I am not gonna chance a little clearence eff up by me, cost me $3000 or $4000 grand, and I am also not gonna do my own heads, you bet your ass the best 60degree shop WOT-TECH will be doing my heads, but I will be assembling everything else myself, and fabbing up the supercharger setup.....

Caboose73 08-02-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhauck (Post 482942)
could be half and half though, maybe his motor is getting built and he understands the jist of it, but doesn't have the time or tools to do it, but he may be putting together the turbo kit himself.......
I'll admit that my bottem end is being put together at a shop, because I am not gonna chance a little clearence eff up by me, cost me $3000 or $4000 grand, and I am also not gonna do my own heads, you bet your ass the best 60degree shop WOT-TECH will be doing my heads, but I will be assembling everything else myself, and fabbing up the supercharger setup.....


thats exactly what it is im putting the motor,5 speed swap,turbo kit and full suspension in myself but i dont have the tools to put together a motor nor do i fully trust my self to not screw up a 4k investment

Caboose73 08-02-2009 05:26 PM

Well i some time this weekend to put the 2.3 mani,phenolic adapter spacer and relocate my battery in the black sedan hers the pics and i ran my intake piping straight into the fender so i have my cai back



YALEROYNOT 08-02-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caboose73 (Post 479036)
co sign and putting 1k down or more if they need it


Quote:

Originally Posted by Caboose73 (Post 479045)
im only getting a 4k loan just to finish paying off the engine,pick up ms2,and a turbo


did I read that right? putting 1k or more down on a 4k loan ? :rolleyes2:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.