Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   She felt good...now she wants to hit the highway. (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28761)

DOHC_tuner 09-17-2009 01:31 PM

She felt good...now she wants to hit the highway.

She's crying for a tune now running excessively lean.

ON WITH THE PICS!:yahoo:

THE ENGINE BAY IS A BIT DIRTY BUT THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF WITH SOME PAINT.

I WILL BE TUCKING THE WIRES THIS IS JUST FOR A TEST RUN.

CRAPPY NEW FABRIC NOT INTENDED FOR INTERIOR
DRIVER SIDE ORIGINAL FABRIC WAS DECENT.

A STOCK LG0 FOR MY GTZ BERETTA....

I PLAN TO BUILD IT UP TO W41 SPECS INCLUDING A LSD FOR THE TRANNY.
ALSO REMOVING THE TIMING CHAIN AND INSTALLING A TIMING BELT!;)

natedawg9640 09-17-2009 01:34 PM

hmmm... door panels look like my ball sack.

rida125 09-17-2009 01:34 PM

Is there three different colors of carpet in there or is that just the camera?

[ion] C2 09-17-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natedawg9640 (Post 495457)
hmmm... door panels look like my ball sack.

this

should've had KenshinZero do those lol, he wrapped his dash and it came out super smooth

engine looks good

natedawg9640 09-17-2009 01:41 PM

it look sas though you laid the fabric over it... then just put all the hardwere back on and let it fall as it may.... did you forget to glue it? did you forget to stretch it? you forgot to do something... center console too... why would you do that to your interior? don't take this as a personal attack, but that is a terrible abortion of interior modification.

Th0r 09-17-2009 01:46 PM

Looks to me like he's just test fitting to see if he likes it.

cherrington17 09-17-2009 01:50 PM

interior = monkey ass.

the rest = good stuff.

fix the first, and get back to us.

_01Alero_ 09-17-2009 01:52 PM

I see what you were going for, but yea interior should probably undo those door panels... But the rest is very nice....

DOHC_tuner 09-17-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natedawg9640 (Post 495462)
it look sas though you laid the fabric over it... then just put all the hardwere back on and let it fall as it may.... did you forget to glue it? did you forget to stretch it? you forgot to do something... center console too... why would you do that to your interior? don't take this as a personal attack, but that is a terrible abortion of interior modification.

I did stretch it but it the material was too thing so it did not go over well on the pass side arm rest. The fabric store discontinued the fabric I used for the driver side (I ORDERED SOME MORE BUT THEY DISCONTINUED IT). So I used some similar suede but it was too thin....I did not want to redo the driver side to match so I will leave the driver side alone.

Center console came out really good, yet it it did fade a bit. I have some extra touches for the center console awaiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rida125 (Post 495458)
Is there three different colors of carpet in there or is that just the camera?

The "Carpet" is black. I used black suede for the door panels and a blueish fabric for the center console.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 495460)
this

should've had KenshinZero do those lol, he wrapped his dash and it came out super smooth

engine looks good

Thanks, I still have yet to add a few more touches for the appearance of the engine bay. I can't wait to tune!

natedawg9640 09-17-2009 02:32 PM

did you glue it with spray adhesive?

CactusWill 09-17-2009 07:32 PM

Why a timing belt instead of a chain?

Redog 09-17-2009 08:23 PM

Like the engine and the carpet around the base of the center consloe.

Not liking the doors.

Nate's Alero 09-17-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CactusWill (Post 495566)
Why a timing belt instead of a chain?

What i was wondering

[ion] C2 09-17-2009 08:37 PM

For more JDM appeal

DOHC_tuner 09-17-2009 09:17 PM

Well for those who understand how an engine works will acknowledge the concept behind removing excessive weight from the rotating mass.

Most popular is the balance shaft delete or neutral balance shafts. Along with lighter Eagle rods, lightweight crank/alternator pulley, etc.

Here is an insight of what the early LG0 consist of. "DOUBLE ROW Chain". A lot on the heavy side so I can either swap for the single row to loose some weight or install Ron's Timing Belt swap kit for the Quad 4 (LG0 and W41 engines only)...will not work on the LD9.

This is the best option to free up horsepower and make the Quad 4 scream beyond the well known redline.

I sold the H.O. Cams including lifters for a good deal.

Just the begining of breaking down the LG0....hope to see her future.

bkathsalero 09-17-2009 09:56 PM

Damn!! you 4 banger guys have alot of room in your engine bays!! could fit a couple dead bodys in there.