Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Wont turn Over (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29304)

Xtrm 10-31-2009 11:55 AM

Wont turn Over

So i went to start my car this morning and nothing, the damn thing did nothing. I hear the fuel pump kicking on but the engine will not turn over at all, it is silent. Could this be my ignition switch again? I replaced my ignition switch about two years and these are the similar problems i had before. If any suggestions can u please help. Thanks

worknprog.99 10-31-2009 12:07 PM

in your other thread you wanted to know how hard it is to change.. in this thread you say you have previously changed it

[ion] C2 10-31-2009 12:24 PM

When he says "I replaced" he meant "I paid a shop to replace" so he's trying to see if it's something he can avoid doing and DIY it this time.

bkathsalero 10-31-2009 12:39 PM

see if you can jump the starter, if you can, most likely a ignition switch, if you cant time for a starter

2000aleroff 10-31-2009 01:22 PM

check all of your wires going to the ignition coils, they could of come off. cus i know i forgot to plug one in one time and it wouldnt turn over. so idk just make sure its not something simple before you start getting into the hard stuff

comanche 10-31-2009 02:21 PM

1. Is the security light on?
2. Check for spark with a spark tester.

You need fuel, air, ignition source....

bkathsalero 10-31-2009 02:47 PM

wellfromwhat it soundslike (could be bad wording) the motor dosn't even crank at the turn of the key, if it were to try and crank but not fire that would be a spark issue. But to even start to crank you need a starterto spin the flywheel, which has nothing to do with spark

comanche 10-31-2009 04:48 PM

True.

A starter test would be in order now, right?

It's probably easier to test the starter than the ignition.

One other question: What brand of ignition was used? Idk if there are aftermarket ignitions available, but maybe a lesser quality ignition was installed.

IF OEM, seems like something is stressing out the ignition.

Xtrm 10-31-2009 05:34 PM

THE CAR LIVES. So apparently if your security light is flashing when the key is turned to the "ON" position it means that the anit-theft has been engagged. So i ended up paying a tow truck driver $45 so he could give me this advice, " Turn the ket to the "ON" position and leave it there for approx. 5 min or until the secuirty light stops flashing". Thanks tow truck driver guy :D

comanche 10-31-2009 06:16 PM

Well, usually this problem is due to the passlock, and if it's like the situation I had, this problem may occur more frequently. And to fix it, you have to replace the ignition.

But hey, hopefully it will keep working!

Nate's Alero 10-31-2009 09:44 PM

get a new key cut, NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE

bring Registration, Id and license to any Gm dealership, they will cut you a FRESH key, and it will go into the tumblers better, and the passlock wont engage, as it thinks and knows its your key

smokey 11-02-2009 12:49 AM

cut the yellow ignition wire, i did that and now it works like a charm

bkathsalero 11-02-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokey (Post 505702)
cut the yellow ignition wire, i did that and now it works like a charm

I would try to avoid doing this :stupid: