Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hey Everyone (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31562)

Thisguy32 06-02-2010 12:43 AM

Hey Everyone

I have had my Alero for a bit now and been lurking around the board. Figured I would sign up and get it over with.

And no I wasn't the person who painted my Alero the lemon Yellow, it was the last owner before i got the car. That question almost always gets asked even when putting gas in the car.

So far the issues have been small and typical "all four tie rod's and the water outlet gushing water as they tend to do after 10 years.

Oh and the G-Am rims was also by the last owner before I got the car as well.

Overall the car drivers great and I'm very happy with it, makes me think of a sportier 97 G-Am I had when I was younger.

Donnie

That01Olds 06-02-2010 01:55 AM

Welcome to the site man. Pics?

wrestlingandrunning 06-02-2010 02:16 AM

Welcome and pictures please. I'm curoius to how a yellow alero looks.

whiterider00 06-02-2010 02:33 AM

theres a small pic in his profile. actually looks really good i think.

wrestlingandrunning 06-02-2010 02:39 AM

Cool, now to wait for bigger pictures.

kwhauck 06-02-2010 07:58 AM

welcome!!

Oldsnut 06-02-2010 09:03 AM

Welcome Donnie.

Thisguy32 06-02-2010 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone,

I was wondering about the yellow myself when the guy told me it was that color before I seen it, he was going through a divorce and I got the Alero dirt cheap.

However the bad part of my car wasn't the paint as it only had one bad spot on the rear bumper where someone had scuffed it and the red is showing through and some chips on the lower bumper part. There was also a spot where someone has bumped it on the front passenger side bumper and a small scrape in front of the passenger rear tire, but the 2nd day I had it I turned to park at work and one of our lovely security guards was backing down the row and backed right over the front of my car "even with it being Yellow" so now the drivers side front is smashed along with fender also but I'm not too worried about it since I work Insurance claims and the company is paying to fix it as well also, but I was pretty well mad at the time, and since then its almost been hit 4 more times "maybe yellow on an Alero is just bad luck.

I will post some pictures of it in the showcase even though it hasn't made it to the shop for the front end damage yet. I didn't think the front damage was near as bad as they made it out to be since I paid 900.00 for the car and they are paying 1600 to fix the front of it, but its getting fixed is all I care about anyway.

The center I work claims out of is located in a mall and I noticed a Yellow 4 door Alero parking the other day as well not sure if it works at the mall or was just there to do shopping because I haven't seen it since.

I like the yellow color on the car a lot more than I was thinking I would and plan on getting the whole car repainted when its in for the front repair but a bit of a darker shade of yellow this time however.

Donnie

lonnie 06-02-2010 10:00 AM

Welcome Donnie...I'm Lonnie!

Trickyslick 06-02-2010 10:42 AM

Welcome Donnie...Enjoy

Daytona 06-08-2010 07:43 AM

Welcome aboard!

JLw7123 06-08-2010 10:53 AM

welcome to the site