Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   low fuel gauge (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32604)

robalero 10-19-2010 05:53 PM

low fuel gauge

is there such a thing in these cars? I swear I have let it get right on the red mark of empty and no light has come on. is there supose to be one? I know I see it when I start the car up but does it actually come on or what?

[ion] C2 10-19-2010 06:10 PM

it comes on for me

shouldn't be letting it get that low though

sfi3400 10-19-2010 06:53 PM

mine comes up but my gauge has to be off. My light will come on i will put 5 bucks in gas here is 2.75 to 2.79 and that gal and what ever makes my gauge go from low to qt tank????? Is it me or is my gauge off

robalero 10-19-2010 07:10 PM

meh ive driven it on the red mark for small amount of time its more of a curiosity thing more then anything esle I always tend to let my gas get near empty before I fill up again.

and sfi3400 no its not just you. I put 19L in and it was almost on the red mark and im at half a tank now if I put $10 in ill be at almost half a tank too its really messed up on how it works but I find its more accurate while driving then just after putting so little in and a full fill up works best

Philbar71 10-19-2010 07:15 PM

I calibrated my needle by filling up then pulling it off and putting it at the little plastic stop all the way at the top and now it's near dead on ever since. When the needle hits the red mark my low fuel light comes on and it takes like 12.3 gallons to fill up.

[ion] C2 10-19-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robalero (Post 561162)
meh ive driven it on the red mark for small amount of time its more of a curiosity thing more then anything esle I always tend to let my gas get near empty before I fill up again.

It's not healthy for the fuel pump. Fuel in the tank helps cool it. Run it hot all the time and you'll burn it out.

Our tank is 14.3 gallons. How close to that have you come in your filling up? I've filled up 13.0 once.

colonel6632 10-19-2010 08:14 PM

i put 14 gallons in once. it was stuttering when i pulled into the station

Lucalare 10-19-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel6632 (Post 561176)
i put 14 gallons in once. it was stuttering when i pulled into the station

Could you hear the fuel pump panting?

cherrington17 10-19-2010 09:07 PM

i think the most i've ever done was like... 11.9 and i thought i was getting uncomfortably low at that point....

... i wouldn't know if that light works, i've never seen it in all the years i've driven my car.

Shiwnath 10-19-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philbar71 (Post 561164)
I calibrated my needle by filling up then pulling it off and putting it at the little plastic stop all the way at the top and now it's near dead on ever since. When the needle hits the red mark my low fuel light comes on and it takes like 12.3 gallons to fill up.

That didnt work for me when I did my cluster. Last week I waited till my Gas light to come on and then I adjusted it so it would be on the red mark. NOW its dead on. I guess you just had more luck then me?

Anyways, these gauges are slightly off from the factory(thats analog for you).. A buddy of mine has a Chrylser Sebring and his gas light comes on when his car detects he only has 50km left in his tank. Maybe our gas lights come on in a similar fashion? Your gas light SHOULD come on when you need gas. You just need to drive a couple miles more after the red mark and it'll come on. I dont recommend it because your car will start taking in the dirty crap at the bottom of the tank.

sfi3400 10-20-2010 11:27 AM

the most i had put in was 14.1 pulled in gas station and car STALLED well lucky for me i put it in neutral and it rolled to the pump... lol

Lucalare 10-20-2010 11:57 AM

I think I put in 10 once:lol:

Philbar71 10-20-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiwnath (Post 561192)
That didnt work for me when I did my cluster. Last week I waited till my Gas light to come on and then I adjusted it so it would be on the red mark. NOW its dead on. I guess you just had more luck then me?

Anyways, these gauges are slightly off from the factory(thats analog for you).. A buddy of mine has a Chrylser Sebring and his gas light comes on when his car detects he only has 50km left in his tank. Maybe our gas lights come on in a similar fashion? Your gas light SHOULD come on when you need gas. You just need to drive a couple miles more after the red mark and it'll come on. I dont recommend it because your car will start taking in the dirty crap at the bottom of the tank.

Meh, I mean Idk? I always thought when it was on the red mark there was supposed to be 2 gallons left. And 2 gallons at ~25mpg means 50 miles.

robalero 10-20-2010 03:33 PM

the low fuel light is supose to come on with 80km's left ( whatever that is in miles ) I got no idea in gallons how much ive put in but I can say ive put in the most with it at the red ( but no light ) was 38L and I know their is 45L in the tank

Redog 10-21-2010 01:57 AM

Mine got to 13.8, once!!

Just this past week, I put in 12.5. The light usually comes on for me around 11.9 to 12.3

I did put in 45L on the way to Lansing this year. I never figured it out though as to how many gallons that was. That sucked too. I figured I'd save some cash filling up BEFORE going back to the US. WRONG. $50C to fill up which was $47.50 US and a $2.75 international fee on the credit card. That was bullshit

Lucalare 10-21-2010 09:06 AM

45L = 11.9 gal. In short, you got ripped off.