Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Break problems (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34036)

Papa Rad17 05-14-2011 03:00 AM

Break problems

Ok so my friends 02 v6 alero has something funky with the breaks. He has 4 wheel disk and no computer we have plugged it into his far can find the problem. The traction controll turns it's self off and won't re ingauge, the anti lock turns off, and the service vehicle soon light has came on, and his emergy brake light randomly comes on sometimes... We know a cv joint is going bad and we occasionally get some hot smelling sounds from around the wheel wells but have no ideas what specifcly is goin on. Some help would be great!

sleepyalero 05-14-2011 05:10 AM

Sounds Like a hub assembly and low brake fluid..

Ebrake light coming on means 2 things 99% of the time.
1. Low brake fluid.
2. The ebrake is engaged.

SES light, trac control light, abs light, means a hub assembly is bad. Very common with these cars.

Brad Jahnke 05-14-2011 05:39 AM

I have had to replace my front hub assemblies twice, all these things you descrbed started happening, along with a humming noise while driving. If you find it to be the hubs, get something with a lifetime parts warranty so if they ever go bad again, all you have to pay for is the labor to get them installed....

03Sleepr 05-14-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Jahnke (Post 584571)
I have had to replace my front hub assemblies twice, all these things you descrbed started happening, along with a humming noise while driving. If you find it to be the hubs, get something with a lifetime parts warranty so if they ever go bad again, all you have to pay for is the labor to get them installed....

twice? have you got an alignment? tires wearing unevenly?...and why pay someone to install them? they are pretty easy to install yourself

sleepyalero 05-14-2011 12:14 PM

yeah they are pretty easy as long as you have an impact and a couple of simple hand tools.

zzyzzx 05-14-2011 12:20 PM

If you are goin got replace the hubs, and your axles are questionable, do it all at the same time and use new (not rebuilt) axles. Personally I have more trouble removing and installing the axles from the hub than anything else.

Brad Jahnke 05-14-2011 02:00 PM

The first time they were genuinely bad, the second time I have a feeling sabotage was involved...I had some brake work done at a now questionable repair shop and found out two weeks later that they had been unplugged. Needless to say I found a good reliable mechanic for future repairs.

Redog 05-14-2011 03:33 PM

I would have gone back, and gave them hell

sleepyalero 05-14-2011 04:25 PM

Same here

mfuller 05-14-2011 05:45 PM

For The Love Of God......it's Brakes, Not Breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papa Rad17 05-14-2011 06:05 PM

ya i know, i blame my ipod and him making me stay up late to post this. but thats everyone for the help. he's going to do some work soon.