Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rear window (4 door) air leak (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36961)

Silver SLP 03-27-2013 12:55 PM

Rear window (4 door) air leak

2004 Alero gl2 4 door

Not sure if the air leak is coming from the window or doors, but once I get up to speed somewhere around 40 mph or so, I get an annoying air leak noise coming inside the car from both rear doors.

All seals are tight, windows are completely rolled up, and nothing seems to be broken. I also had the rear doors adjusted but it made no difference. (Radio is turned off as well as the hvac controls.)

Anyone else have this problem?

03glgold 03-27-2013 01:22 PM

my front doors do it...i have gotten used to it to the point where if my radio is on at all i don't really notice it...we have four different gm vehicles and every one of them does it

a.graham52 03-27-2013 03:10 PM

first you should have somone drive your car while your in the back seat and listen for the noise. if you think your door seals are leaking heres a few ideas:

put a light coating of baby powder on the seals and gently shut the doors while holding the door handle open (door wont latch, you dont want to compress the door seals anymore then if the doors were latched, in otherwords to slam it), open door and inpsect for "soft" areas in the seal where the powder looks different (lines not as thick etc).

nother trick, take a dollar bill and put it in the door seal. you should be able to pull it out with slight drag, not too much, but more then no drag. there will be a lot of opening and closing of the door for this lol.

put making tape over all the "seams". go around the door and drive and see if the noise is there. add it to the window seams and see if the noise is still there. in otherwords if you tape up EVERY seam the first time, you wont know what is leaking.

try those and see what happens. i recommend doing the tape thing first.

XanderWiFi 03-27-2013 09:29 PM

This is a common problem in all Aleros. I remember it being mentioned on multiple car reviews when I was reading up on them before I bought mine. Just is the way of things. If water is not leaking in, it is just something to get used to.

Whitetigerboi83 03-28-2013 09:20 AM

the air leak i notice is from the fresh air baffle in the trunk on the passenger side.

falloutboy 03-28-2013 10:12 AM

i am confused, as I dont have this problem :eek:

Secord 03-28-2013 03:15 PM

My driver side door (coupe) has an air leak too, but only around 100kph (60mph) or so depending on driving conditions. No water leaks through though.

03glgold 03-28-2013 06:04 PM

I noticed to day that mine doesn't do it all the time...it is most notable going about 80mph into a 30-40 mph head wind