View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 09:19 AM   #1
mfuller

Now that my wife has her new car (05 Mazda 3 5-door in Sunlight Silver), I can drive her old car and begin tearing mine apart. So I dove into it last night. Removed the airbox, MAF, ignition wires, coils, TB, UIM, drained the coolant, moved the PS pump, and pulled the fuel rail from the LIM. Hopefully today I can get the fuel rail disconnected from the supply and return lines, remove the FPR from the rail, remove the LIM, headers, and cylinder heads.

I just gotta keep telling myself it'll all be worth it.

What's in store? Well, the plan was originally just to replace a leaky LIM gasket, but then I starting buying stuff. Most have probably seen pics of the cylinder heads I had done, there is also a new ported LIM to go along with it, I'm expecting a Casper's AFPR soon (mostly because the stocker is an eyesore), I'm sending the fuel injectors out to be cleaned and flow-balanced, I'll send the headers off to be blasted and re-coated (3 northern IL winters have caused a bit of corrosion), new plugs (Rapidfire #14's), new ignition cables, new O2 sensor, and a new fuel filter.

BTW, all the new gaskets are Fel-Pro, along with a new set of head bolts.