View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #13
jlenko
GX Member

jlenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jlenko
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@May 17 2005, 08:30 PM
i would not recommend a 62mm for your setup. the RSM intake is a joke. they take a stock intake dremel the lip where the TB sits so it matches the 62mm and then paint and put on RSM sticker.

Oh yeah... preach it

RSM is mostly crap.

I bought a 60.83mm aka 62mm TB from RSM a few years ago. The requirement they used to have for the ported intake manifold was a joke. Dave's claim of it being a legal requirement "because the throttle plate would get stuck on the manifold" was total bullpoop.. I had already dremeled out my "lip" but was forced to buy it anyway. There is no physical way for the throttle plate to even TOUCH the manifold.. unless the plate slipped out!!

There is NO way to get 62mm out of a stock 2.4L TB.. the thing just isn't wide enough.. It simply won't fit. Even the 60.83mm (I measured, many many times..) is sleeved. It's not a bad TB.. but it's not 62mm, and it's not worth what they want for it.

It's too bad Franz never got his billet TB's off the ground... they were made in Finland and well worth the money... but some dork on J-Body.org ruined the GP by taking all the money and running... Franz never bothered after that.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote