Thread: Olds Nationals
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 08:54 PM   #32
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
Well I got back from the Nats last night. Had a great time. Met lots of cery nice Olds enthusiasts. There were about 260 cars being judged. Lots of great ones. I will post pics in the next day or so.

There was only one other Alero there. A guy named Bill from MN. I gave him info about Aleromod and The Alero chapter.

Next year will be in Texas and the year after I think its going to be in Detroit. But it may be there in 2008. Pat Yancey, Pres of the OCA also hinted that the Nats could be coming to BC in 2009. So Im stoked for that.

For me the highlight was visiting the LeMay Car Museum,
http://www.lemaymuseum.org/
It was simply amazing, I have never seen so many beautiful cars in one place in my life. It had everything from a 1903 Curved Dash to a 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT. Not to mention all the rare cars like the GT 500, or the 1946 Tucker. I have to say if you are ever in Seattleyou must go. They will be opening a new museum on the grounds of the tacoma dome in 2008. they said it will house about 1500 autos.

The OCA group was treated to a private tour of the Lemay family home, which houses an impressive 300+ cars. Not to mention numerous other collections, such as meat grinders, typewritters and postage stamps. He has rooms of Caddilacs, Rolls Royces, Muscle cars and even a sherman tank. It was incredible!

As I siad before Ill be posting pics in the next few days. Ill probably post the best of, becasue I took a couple hundred.
Unfortunatly I ran out of betteries half way through the tour of the Lemay home so some of the really rare ones you wont get to see unless you go there yourself.