View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 01:29 AM   #45
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by wy3134@Feb 25 2004, 03:08 PM
Think of it this way, unless you bought the alero new off the lot, I highly doubt you paid more than $12,000..... throw a performance tranny and the S/C on there and you can be about about $23,000 installed (if having a professional install and all)... which gets you around 300hp in a unique car to whereas u could have saved maybe $1000 or so for a new baseline mustang, ill keep my alero personally....my 2 cents..... (maybe my prices are high, but i threw down about $11,500 after all expenses for my 02 alero last June with 25,000 miles on it)
Damn, 23K for 300 HP?

I love my alero but look at this S-13 chasis 2G, sr20det 3G, controller 2G, bigger turbo 2g, misc parts 1G and for less than 10G you have well over 300whp in a lighter, RWD car; And my prices are high.

how 'bout a 1g DSM TSi say 5G, same mods as above and for <15G you are looking at 300+ HP in AWD, but watch those axles issed:

See how, if you got the know how, the alero is just not a tuner car? Don't get me wrong I love John's car, riden in it and it's sweet, but to be really comptitive 1. you have to spend a ton on the alero 2. move to a different platform.

I plan to have a respectable ride, will beat most stock 3.4 but for my major jollies I have a couple of other rides