View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #1
exnine@gmail.com
GX Member

exnine@gmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to exnine@gmail.com
Alright. So when I first got my car. I was happy with the stock sound setup. But as time passed I wanted something a little heavier. So I happened to get a small sony Xplod amp from a friend for free it's just a 500 watt amp. I'm not sure of all of the specs on it.

So then I rolled in to pep boys and bought this "electra" brand subs it had a nice looking little box. and at the time. Anything was better. They have two 12" subs with tweeters and mids. and these little flashy neon lights. ect. so they were 80 bucks. I figured what the hell.

So, I've got some use out of them. But it is once again time to move on.

Today I picked up another sony xplod amp except this one is a 1000 watt. and I got it for 100 bucks. I'd Like to use both of the amps. maybe the bigger one for the subs. and the smaller ones for my 6X9's or something. I'm not sure yet.

Could I get any reccommendations from this point on? I don't want to buy something I'm going to regret. I think that's highly impossible at this point considering where I'm comming from. But I have to keep reminding myself that I am broke right now.

I'm in to Rock music. I've heard that the 10's were better because they are smaller, and have a quicker recoil so that they are less "sloppy". I have heard some JL's and I was very Impressed. My friend has one 10" JL that blows both of mine away if that puts things in perspective... anyways please help.

ps. sorry its so long. Its late at night and I have nothing else to do.