View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:06 AM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
not relating to anything specific on that list, but in general, I have to disagree. Engineers put most of those little features on there to increase longevity or economy, not performance.

For example, I've looked at the line pressure settings in a factory PCM and have come to the conclusion that under performance driving, the low fact. pressure will do more harm with than by upping the pressures a bit. Shifting will be a little more crisp, but shouldn't go "clunk" when you put it in drive.

Factory also sets the fuel map more for economy. There is plenty of room to add more timing and fuel from the factory settings.

I agree that engineers try to improve the everyday average driving, but modding is more to squeeze the performance potential out of the vehicle that is suppressed in leu of economy.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote