View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by Spilner521@Mar 28 2006, 03:15 AM
i can count on one hand how many people have a boosted alero....and those people havent yet complained about tranny problems, including myself. this tranny can take more than everyone thinks. just look at the j-body guys. its almost rare with them to have a non-boosted car now, and the majority of the boosted cars dont have any mods to the tranny and run great. i know that the tranny in their cars are slightly different....but only slightly...its pretty much the same thing.

there's one guy that has a z24 cavalier......fully built 2.4 turbo on the stock auto tranny with the shift plus....and i'm talkin fully built as in every single moving part from the cams to the oil pump improved, strengthened, or replaced with stronger parts. i've seen a dyno sheet of his...at only 6 psi it put down 255hp at the wheels. since then he's cranked the boost and still has no problems. if you take care of it, this tranny can take the power and last no matter if its the gm s/c or your own custom built turbo kit.

yeah see i was kinda thinking that. cause there have been probably 1 or 2 alero guys on here that have said thier tranny's gave in.

and since then everyone else who read that just thinks the tranny will always break under these stress's.

so maybe some of us are underestimating the tranny?