Thread: Springs
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
thanks alerored, I appreciate that. I know it's alot to ask, but can you also measure the coil diameter at the perch ends, so I can make sure the ones I buy are not to big or small in diameter...

FastEddie, yeah, that's the idea. No squat in back. Basically I've already got the fabrication in progress, but I'll have a reasonable (250 lb) spring rate in the front, and I'm using aircraft cables with pins that I'll insert once I get to the track that will hold the front end down (stop downward travel since we have no snubbers)and keep weight over the front end, and also prevents the CV's from getting out of their normal 90* angle from the tranny. This will prevent torque loss from geometrical changes at the axles, and also from the front end raising and back end squatting.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote