Thread: Un Governed
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #33
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat+Apr 12 2006, 02:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlbinoMonkeyRat @ Apr 12 2006, 02:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am positive that Alero2k4 is full of poop. I've had my Alero faster that 107 (downhil + drafting at the same time, got to 115) and the Alero is just not aerodynamically good at that speed. It started shaking a hell of a lot at 110.

If you want proof that drafting will get your car faster:
set your cruise control to 73mph. get behind a truck on a thruway. you're speed will jump to about 77-83 mph depending on how fast the truck is going and how much air it is displacing.

To all those f***ers that STILL want to get rid of their governor because they just want to see how fast they can go, go right ahead. You deserve to get in a crash and die. You will get ZERO sympathy from all of us that warned you, because you're idiots.
[/b]

Are you serious??? Rather then try to help people do it the right way you would rather just tell them they deserve to die??? WTF!?!?!? Do you not think that since it was downhill and drafting you will loose some control due to the fact that you have hardly any downforce because you were drafting??? There are cars with FAR worse aerodynamics that handle speeds up and beyond that. What all did you have done to your car when you went 115??? (Suspension and Aero wise)

<!--QuoteBegin-cherrington17
@Apr 12 2006, 08:35 AM
^i completely agree on this topic. there is no reason to go that fast, on public road/highway. all your doing is endangering yourself and everyone around you, regardless of your "skills"

police officers go to training to learn to handle high speeds, and your average driver, even IF you THINK you can drive fine at that speed, you can't.
[/quote]
I have taught myself out in the middle of no-where (BLM land etc) how to drive and be able to correct slides, take high speed corners, drift etc. So to say that is simply incorrect. While I agree that MOST drivers cannot handle that, that doesn't include all, and there are alot of drivers who could.