View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #15
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslindseysue
In Michigan all fines are doubled in construction zones. It's also up to $7,500 and 15 years if you injure a construction worker. As for emergency vehicles, if they're moving you have to pull over (duh), and if they're on the side of the road with lights on (even tow trucks now), you have to slow down or move over at least one lane. The one plus is they finally got new signs in most construction zones that say speed limit 45 when workers present. Cops would love to sit there at night when people would race through at 75 figuring there was no one working anyway. Now the limit is still 60, but at least only 45 when they're actually working.

I know about The U.S states having it personally. In Detroit - 65 in a 45 construction zone, at Tireman Ave. on I96 3 miles from the damn bridge. It was 3 am and not a worker in site, but I did the crime I paid the fine. Just wanted to let everyone know that's all. Pretty sure it's only speeding in the construction zone. But we have "Community Saftey Zones" as well and all traffic act fines are doubled in these, taillight out etc.. The moving over law is needed as well as far as am concerned. I used to change truck tires, Had a truck going by knock the trailer off the jack. The idiots in the middle lane are annoying because I get stuck in the truck due to lane restrictions. Coming down the 400 out of Barrie and the low bridges in the right lane cost me a $150 US cb antenna cause a a retired couple in a camper just sitting there. I had 89,000 lbs on my back I couldn't let off the fuel, and they wouldn't give me an inch. Sometime laws are justified workers and emergeny personel shouldn't have to have a constant eye of traffic. It's just there's getting to be some really stupid people just wasting oxygen.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote