View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #17
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
You shouldn't have any trouble finding an actual turbo to fit it. The only thing that would change is the actual charge pipes because the auto (trans) takes up more room. You would be best off to have a local shop custom build and fit your charge and intake piping. Other than that, the rest of kit (Manifold, turbo, etc.) should be no different than any other Ecotec motor. Another thing that would probably benefit you is to build your own kit. This would allow you to shop around for the best price as well. Check out j-body.org. They have a great guild for building your own turbo set up. Another place to look around is ecotecforum.com (may be ecotecforums.com...I forget). Just to some research and you will understand why I am saying this. I don't have a turbo as of yet (will when funding permits), but believe me when I say I have researched the hell out of this stuff. Anyways, I would recommend you find the custom turbo kit thread on j-body and start reading. Good luck young grasshoppa!!!

Edit: Just need to clarify. It is not going to be an actual 'kit' you will find to fit your car. Sorry, they don't make any 'kit' for and auto Alero. You will need to piece together your own kit.