View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo in the final stretch.....

Well, I got my headers, crossover and downpipe installed for test fit, and looks like germ knows his shit. Very minimal (but expected) modification needed for the install.

1) had to push the A/C line (coming out of the compressor) forwards toward the radiator a tad to get it away from the #2 head pipe.
2) will have to cut the corner out of the heater hose hardline and route it over the top of the thermostat housing
3) oil dipstick had to be moved outward a little for the flange.

4) need to remove the transmission filler cap and replace with a smaller brass plug because the crossover actually touches it. Small thing to deal with considering the benefit.
5) relocate the transmission shift cable bracket.
6) extend the O2 sensor wiring.

All said and done, very minimal modifications considering germ didn't even have the car there for him to design it all. I did send a heck of alot of measurements to him though

Once all the minor mods are completed, all that's left is BOV/wastegate flanges, coating/heat wrap/heat shields and we're ready to start tuning. More pics can be posted on request.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote