View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #48
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
BJ I thought you were doing a TT setup.

And I also I agree a turbo has many advantage which BJ and Spy and Spliner has stated over a supercharger. But it really depends on how much of a technical savvy you are. I would not recommend a turbo setup to a novice DIYer. It much easier to purchase a superchager and have GM reflash you PCM to 2 bar, if you have no freakin clue how to setup and program boost.

The mimimal requirement Im sure everyone know for a turbo is a BOV(by-pass valve, pressure release valve), a waste gate, a custom manifold.

Now with the miminal you may not surpass a supercharger, in the performance catergory. So let add a bigger exhaust system(full catback), a tuner system(DHP, HP tuner, etc..), intercooler(knocking), bigger injector, FPR, MAP sensor, built motor. Then start tuning from here. That where the money time and effort will yield results.

The continuing banter is pointless. In terms of which is better, you have to factor in which is important to you, Cost, time, brain power. Also remember what kind of engine you equiping this to, and what application. For drifting/autocross, you may think about a supercharger, for oval/drag a turbo is best.

my $.02
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote