View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I drive daily at 12psi, stock bottom end. It's not the bottom end you need to worry about right now. At different PSI levels, what you need to be concerned with is your fuel delivery and tune.

6psi is REPORTED to be safe on a stock tune.
8psi requires a tune
10-12psi requires larger injectors and a tune
15psi "recommends" lager injectors, stronger fuel pump, AFPR, and beefier headgaskets (and tune).
you'll also need a MAF capable of a higher frequency range at this point, as well as a 2-bar MAP or better.

Now, transmission comes into play here in the next list.

6-8 psi is ok on a low mileage transmission of 2002 and older.
if you have a 2003 or newer, I've been running 12psi daily and spiking occasionally to 15psi on stock tranny. I can almost guarantee that an '02 or older will not handle 12psi daily with no modifications.

available mods for the 4t45e are:
Raybestos Blue Plate clutches
Limited Slip Posi
Billet aluminum accumulator piston
reworked valve body
higher stall speed torque converter
send the steels in for kolene treatment
performance bearings

This should make an '02 or older handle 15psi with no problem.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote