View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #18
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
[quote=Mr_Reed;273548]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichrysler View Post
So... again my car has let me down. I don't mean to rag on Aleros but this car is seriously a piece.QUOTE]

I agree, I've had some of the same problems as you with my Alero, I've come to the conclusion that the Oldsmobile Alero is not a "well built car" I've had numerous problems with mine either I'm really unlucky (I bought the car used with 60,000 miles on it) or its a piece. I can understand maintance on a car I had a 1993 Ford Festiva my dad bought brand new in 1993 and it was all basic 1.3l (Mazda motor) and it had a Kia body, the only thing I ever replaced on that car besides maintance (Brakes,rotors,struts,spark plugs and oil changes) was the Computer witch was 125 bucks but that was when it had 200,000 miles on it and the original clutch. I just sold that car recently it had 280,000 miles on it and a new paint job looked great and got 1,300 bucks out of it.

With my Alero I've only had it for 8 months and I've replaced some miantance (Brakes and brake pads) New Calibers? Window motor and regulatorsssss and Lower Intake Manifold Gasket(leakin & has been fixed!!).My turn signals arn't working (Hazard light switch I think is the problem) and my security system is screwing up so bad I half to put my key nin my ignition for 10 minutes wait for it to go off and than I can start it. As for the trim around my front windshield I've coaked back on and for some odd reason everytime it rains I'm getting water in my passenger side floor board and it's not a windshield leak or a seal leak around any of my windows. Also something little but annoying probley an easy fix but ever since I put my rims on the low Tire pressure light has been on. Don't get me wrong the Alero is one sexy lookin beast and I love the way my car looks but man its starting to sound like a real piece.

I'm sure you've done this, but have you tried to reset the tire pressure light?
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote