View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #143
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
/\ thats what i was thinking. With traction and numbers like that you will be pushing past spy's numbers. Are you gonna stick with the auto? What are your plans to make it handle the power? Traction ideas?
Yep I'm sticking with the auto. I just bought an '04 auto tranny and it's being built right now. It'll have all kinds of stronger internal parts along with a high output fluid pump and pump shaft, Raybestos Blue Plate clutches, 2560 stall torque converter and a LSD...not a LSD insert but an actual LSD, from Engineered Performance. I'll also be using an external fluid cooler and fully synthetic tranny fluid. It'll hold in excess of 500 ft/lbs of torque when finished.

Well with amount of power, I've re-thought some of my plans. I was going to use just a manual boost controller, but now I'll probably use a electronic controller so that it'll have gear specific boost control, that way it won't just melt the tires down to nothing with the touch of the gas pedal. I'm also going with the KYB AGX struts so I can adjust the stiffness of the suspension, and I'll be using Falken RT-615 tires. No doubt it'll still spin the tires, but I'll try my best to dial it in to get the quickest runs out of it. This car will still be driven every day rain or shine so I'm not making any race-only compromises.

I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve to make this car not only powerful, but incredibly responsive for a turbo car. I wanted to keep that to myself until it was all done, but maybe I'll mention it later on...

Last edited by Spilner521 : 05-04-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote