View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #228
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter812 View Post
The lip plug is pretty much finished as far as shape, we still need to finish coating it so that we can pull a mold. I'll get you guys some more pictures once it has a unified color coating. We have the lip secured to the factory bumper and are trying to decide weather or not to just skip the lip and go for the full bumper. At the top of the lip, where it meets the bumper on the front side, the area is so thin that I'm affraid that we may run into problems with the finished piece being too brittle. I don't want you guys putting these things on your car and having them chip if they get flexed a little too much. As long as we don't run into any problems in our next few sessions, I think that we're going to build the lip anyway and do some extensive testing on it before we release it, i.e. high speed, low impact, vibrations, etc.. Sorry for the wait, I know you guys are eager, but I want to make sure that you are getting a high quality piece and not some low budget piece of crap shipped in from over-seas.
I'm glad you're actually taking the necessary steps to make a quality part. I can speak for pretty much everyone when I say we really appreciate what you're doing for us. Keep up the good work and take some more pics!