View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Oldsmopimp

Store/Site purchased: Summit Racing (summit part# INT-25-1-040)

Cost/Shipping: Right around $200 shipped

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Ordered them in early feb... got them in late April (backorder)

Initial product impressions, quality: Nice looking, powder coated purple...looks like a spring

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: No instructions came with them, but I have done springs before...however I did refer to Aleromods handy HOW TO on changing springs for extra input

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: I have air tools and a spring compressor so it was quick and painless. Much easier than I had expected

If not self installed, cost of installation: Did it myself. Anyone in NW IL looking to have this done, contact me and I'll do it for cheap price

Performance, appearance opinions: Performance is great, handling was GREATLY improved. I was very happy with that. I havent brought it in for an allignment, and judging from my test drive...prolly wont. Dosent pull to either side at all. Rides a lil more sporty than stock, but deff. not a rock hard ride. As far as looks.... seems to be a nice even drop. Supposedly these springs drop the back a lil more than the Grand Am springs, and the front not as much. Overall it looks MUCH better than stock, but I would still rather have coil-overs.

Any other thoughts about the product: Deff. worth the $200. Good mod to do. IMO a MUST if your putting aftermarket wheels on.