View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #15
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by keytonic@Apr 17 2004, 10:30 AM
I have exels too and you don't need the spacers they told me would but they're full of poop.
Maybe not for Excell wheels but some aftermarket wheels do need spacers for rear drum breaks. I purchased ADR wheels, and after I installed them (with hubcentric rings) there was space between the drums and the back of the wheel (the wheels are +40 offset). That was causing the drums to rattle when hitting bumps, not to mention that the shoes where no longer matched up with the drum correctly. After pulling my hair out for a day, I bought some 5/8" spacers and the wheel mounted perfectly, and it DID NOT push the wheel out at all. I have never heard of this happening before, but maybe the people at Wheelmax have, and thougt you had drums in the back.

BTW the wheels look GREAT!
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote