View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #27
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
You know, theres a lot of mumbo jumbo here, and Im having a hard time swallowing it.

First off you say:

Quote:
One major factor is the conversion from DC to AC and back to DC.

The simple FACT is this does NOT happen in any car audio amplifier. The power supplies are run on DC. The signal inputed into the amplifier for amplification is in AC. The end result is an amplified AC signal. There is NO DC-AC-DC in it. Unless Ive totally overlooked something?

Quote:
The difficulty comes in filtering the signal.

What filtering is done? Thats all extras! Thats what Im talking about. Filtering such as EQing and crossovers. Thats simply extras. The power is still power. An amplifier does not color the sound to a noticeable level without extras such as filters, crossovers, bass boost...

Quote:
Every traditional car amplifier will convert to a AC signal prior to amplification.

Maybe we are arguing a moot here... But the input signal is AC. It never was DC... The power supply is not the signal... The RCA input is the signal. The output signal is simply the amplified input. Which was never DC, ever.

Quote:
He attempts to circumvent the challenge by going as far as to allowing a eq to be used. If his challenge were really about the amplifier, then no hardware would be needed. So why then is a eq required to place the amp on equal planes?

If Im not mistaken, the amps are made to scope the same on the O Scope. Giving way to the fact power is power. When no filters, whether user adjustable or built in can interfere, power is power.

I hope nobody takes what I have said out of context. I do not tell people to run out and buy a Boss Audio amp simply because power is power. I tell people to buy whats in their price range that supplies the power they need with the features they want.

I know there are plenty of features that aide us and help tone our systems.

Im no stranger to the higher end items also, so Ive tried some of the better stuff out there. For instance I just came off a McIntosh MX4000/MDA4000. I used an Eclipse EA4000 which powered my Rainbow prfoi fronts and my 8" Neo in a 6th order. Surely when putting together such a system the Eclipse is way out of place. But given the amount of money in hand, the features and its power output it did just fine, even for a cheaper amp...

Thats the point.