View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Hehe, so are you planning on getting a pair of them?

I suppose I should comment on fit, aswell.
The driver's side went on verrry nicely, all the slots to get the bolts in by the door jamb fit nicely, and same with the two bolts hidden under the front of the rocker panel. From there one just needed to drill 4 holes (IIRC) for the 4 underhood bolts. I was hesitant to tighten them down all the way the first night torelieve the gap near the top of the hood (that tab was slightly warped up), however I have them about a 1/4 turn per hour and left them settle and they WOULD'VE made it down tight had the car lasted another day or two.
The front line between the fender and bumper don't line up because I didn't add those bolts in, there was a forbidden kit only a couple weeks away so I didn't see the reason to mount that up.

The passenger side fit the same, but the trailing edge sat too tight up against the front of the door. You can see on the driver's side how the gap gets smaller above the pinstripe, well on the passenger side it actually butted up. That would've been a simple fix, but again, didn't get a chance to do it.

They're plenty strong, too. They still had pretty good structure after the accident, and they're nice and thick.

I'd definetally recommend them. ;D