View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Rods & Rebuilding

3 of spyhunter's rods are usable, so I bought a brand new rod from Eagle, but it's the new style, with 3/8" ARP rod bolts. And all of his are the old style, 5/16" ARP rod bolts. This will throw off the entire rotating assembly's balance... so I am screwed. What to do?

1. Professionally balanced rotating assembly (doubt it's possible with something like this)
2. Buy 3 more brand new rods..
3. Somehow find another old style Eagle rod, ONE rod. Unless Eagle can make me one that's the old style..

Actually, the guy who ordered it from Eagle gave them the code numbers right off the rods I had, so they should have forged me one that was the old style... I'll have to pay them a visit again and see if I can't get this thing switched.

Also, does one have to take off the head to do bottom end swappage? I wouldn't think so.. I don't really feel like it.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 12-23-2007 at 03:14 PM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote