View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
The one Cherry is talking about is for a single circuit, then there are ones for dual circuits. You have to chose between the 4 pin 30a relay or the 5pin 30a relay. I've always used the dual you have more options available to you. Keep in mind that you don't need a heavy load to switch the relay so you could simply hook it to a low voltage wire on the ign and switch the fans off of that, but I wouldn't switch both fans off/on off the same relay...I just don't believe putting all my eggs in one basket...a perfect example of that is say you hook it up to run off of one relay and the relay quits and you don't have a spare..then your screwed, but if you have each running on it own relay then if one quits then you have at least one fan running to get you where you need to to get it fixed.