View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #14
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
What bore size is on your flowbench. That is crucial information that you have never shared. Without a true engine bore, you aren't getting real world flow. Funny how your flow numbers are comparable to newer V8 heads, but with the much smaller valves of the 3400...

Also, your idea of what flow/lift matters differs greatly with mine. We have been through that before though. You don't flow below .200 lift...nearly half of a stock cam.

Flow isn't everything. Your stage 3 heads have no intake or exhaust velocity. I own a flowbench, and have done over 800 flowtests on 60V6 heads. I am quite cetain stock 3500 heads will outperform your stage 3 setup. Of course I wouldn't leave everything else stock, but the heads themselves would be unmodified.

Blackjack, I totally agree on the total package. I have speced everything to make those simulations. I can make a blanket statement that 3500>3400, because we aren't comparing different motors. We are talking using 3500 heads on a 3400 vs 3400 heads.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote