View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #25
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I haven't had a modern version of an S/C, but from what others tell me, when you change the pulley, doesn't that change the powerband progression at a scalar rate? If so, that would require a retune (or reflash) every time you change pulleys.

Not to say that either one is better, but I like the fact that once I tune for 15psi, I can turn down the boost without changing my tune.

I think the situation is similar between my SC and a Turbo in that once I tune for the small pulley (high boost) I can go to the larger pulley with no change to the timing tables, and still have a safe tune. But, the transition from idle to max boost would be slower for the large pulley, and might need more timing, especially on the low end, for optimum performance.

Assuming that there is not a drastic difference in the two pulley diameters, it is not too much of a hassle to change them, unless you have to change the belt. (I'm getting lazy in my old age)