View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Engine stumbling.

Damn it.

So I noticed some engine hesitation/stumbling today. I am not sure how to diagnose this, it's hard to figure out when or why it's doing this.

It seems like if I'm cruising along at 40-70 or whatever, if I give it a bit more gas to speed up, things start shaking, the RPMs waver. If I floor it, it'll downshift and take off, but the RPMs waver and the engine revs up and down a bit as it accelerates, and and the air fuel ratio (albeit I have a narrowband) will go from rich to stoichiometric. It should stay in rich the whole time. Not good, leaning out.

Been throwing a SES light as well for a while, intermittently. I haven't checked it recently, since I caused it to go on by tapping into the O2 sensor for my A/F gauge a long time ago and it really hasn't done anything negative. Apparently now, it is true if it says I am lean, unlike before when it was just an error.

On top of this, there seems to be a ticking sound coming from the engine. Excellent. #3 cylinder area. Maybe I spun the classic #3 rod bearing. Maybe I broke something else. Maybe it's just a misfire and the spark plug is screwed up, the fuel injector is failing, the fuel pump is dying, or my O2 sensor finally needs to be changed.

Hell it's only got 181,000 miles on it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote