View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 11:28 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well with my tires (you have to test with your own) that by doing a burnout on the waterbox then doing a couple dry burnouts i got my best 60fts. I was launching at 1700-2000 rpms and i start off in 2nd. because it shifts firmer. then shift to 3rd when about halfway thru 2nd gear.

they call it test and tune because you make a run and then try to tune it a little better and try to get better. when i was at the track (at GAP and the track sucked) with cold tires i was getting 2.5 60fts so i went and tried doing the burnouts as i stated above and i got 60 ft down to 2.4

eveyones tires are different and you have to find what works best with your combo. it is part of dragracing.