View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
#kit.x9
GX Member

#kit.x9 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Round II

Okay, I've formulated my other questions based on all replies up to this point.
I've addressed them to the people who posted the things which I am unsure about, but if someone else can answer the question and sees it first, feel free... I need all the help I can get on this one. erhem,

cherrington17:
running seafoam prior to opening the engine, to determine if there are other leaks- How do I determine where/what the leaks are coming from? For instance, the symptoms of a head leak vs LIMG failure, or the symptoms of both simultaneuosly.

alerored04:
About warped heads... What exactly is a head? I've read the terms heads and head gaskets, but I'm not exactly sure what that really means. If the heads have warped, what will be the result or symptoms? And would opening the engine cause even more damage? Is there any easy way to fix it, or can it simply be left alone until the car dies?

surreal_awakening:
about running the car with plain water instead of coolant: I thought about as much. Therefore, I have been running without coolant, surprisingly without any overheating problems. And again, what are heads and how do I determine if they are leaking or not?

I don't even have a haynes manual... so I'm pretty clueless really. I mean, I could get one, and probably will. If I have to, ha!
#kit.x9 is offline   Reply With Quote