View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by etan1987 View Post
I would get the charging system checked but still as of this morning it is sitting dead in a parking lot. I also have system in my trunk would it be possible that i need a capasitor?
A capacitor isn't going to help you if you have killed the battery. The capacitor is suppose to help cover the dipps in voltage when your system hits hard. I would take the battery out now and go to autozone or someplace like that and get it charged. Put it back in the car and see if it will start. If it doesn't then you have a bigger issue. If it does then get your charging system tested..one quick way is to see if you have 14volts across the post with a DMM...if so then you could be ok, but ultimately you are going to have let a shop truly test it.