Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #74
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
ok... so i'm confused now. w/ those browns cut, and my doors still off....

my brake lights are still working, and my cruise control lamps are on. so when i put my doors back on (before i reconnect the browns) if they stay on, its something in those brown wires. if they go off, its definitely the doors.

but if my brakes work... (confused part) what the hell do those brown wires do!? i don't seem to have lost anything.... (i guess i get to trace those now, don't i?)
..but you said you rewired them before right, so that could explain that, are you saying that as it stands now the brakes, reverse, and signals all work in the back? Did you take off the bypass that you had in? Those browns are either the tail lights or in the front. I see that five of those browns run from the right side fuse panel to:
1 to the Left rear lamp assembly
1 to the Right rear lamp assembly
1 to the license plate lamp
1 to the Left rear compartment lid back-up/tail lamp
1 to the Right rear compartment lid back-up/tail lamp

There is also one brown that runs from the right side fuse panel that goes to the steering wheel controls and steering wheel coils, and should be fused at 2amps

...so that is 6 of the 9 browns that you have, and I think the other three are different sizes, and are possibly the ones you were able to reconnect.