View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the other night im headding home from my gf's place, (Abby, for those of you that know BC) and im on the highway doin a limiter cruse, as i do sometimes (its like 12:30 or 1 am) and i passed a group of cars... and closer to Chilliwack (The next town) i see that this black sprint (2door hatch) that i passed is gaining on me... at this point i had slowed down to about 140kph... i wasnt about to let a sprint blow by me... but when he passed me at 190+kph i realized it was my buddys, suzuki swift, with a 1.8L integra motor non vtec, head, cams are done, full suspention and brakes redone, and 10 psi of boost...
He has pulled a best of 13.1 at about 110mph in the quarter... but with slicks he hopes for 12's....

So back to the situation at hand.. i realized how slow the aler-hoe really is, and this event has given me the motovation to develop the 2.2 Ecotec that i have... to some of its true potential.
Who has accually Boosted the Ecotec? weither it be J or N body's....
I did some looking and Google'n and it wasnt verry productive...
I know that all the parts are out and on the shelf, and that Hann/exploited/ and a few others have kits out for the ecotec.. that have been quite well recieved.
more what i am interested in is anyone have any ideas as to How well the ecotec handles boost? or how long the boosted eco's have lasted on stock internals...
Im assuming that with the release of both an sabb (i beleave maybe it was opel...) turbo eco, and the new cobalt with the 2.4 S/c the internals must be up to par, or have they upgraded them factory?
I know that all the parts are there, Rods, pistons, cranks, etc....

It would be nice to have a 250-300Horse eco...
So i was thinking rods, pistons B&B bottem end, p&p head with SS valves, cams, new intake manni, Turbo 15-18 psi, and a fuel system to support it...
I would like some ideas, and approximit costs, because i dont want to be the only one, we should all have boosted eco's

Cus 140hp is some Bullpoop.

I am seriously interested in this... i figure 10-20 grand total, with everything... to finish my car and i should be able to get those funds in a year. Just want to do my homework...

Anyone?

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote