View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
^^good to know

ok, i did a little bit of a test earlier, and was wondering if anyone could kind of follow up or provide info..

ok lately my car has had sort of a irregular idle, where the RPM's will sometimes go above 750, and feels like it has sort of a semi loopey idle, i got a CASE relearn thinking it would help, no change, so for the lognest time i have been thinking its my PS pump...

so heres what i did i took my belt off and gave all the pullies a bit of a spin with my hand too see how much of a parasitic drag they had, or if there was anything irregular (didnt touch crank i knew not to lol), so i spin the PS pulley first, it seems really sloppy, and will not show any signs like it moves with ease, but at the same time its not putting up much of a fight, long story short i give all the others a little spin and they felt just fine, much better than the PS....

really all im saying is the PS pulley really drags ass when hand spun...now just curious here has anyone ever done this or experinced or even know anything that can relate to this.....ANY input would be great