Thread: A/C Help
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
A/C Help

First question: The low side of the A/C is down behind the Alternator and has a blue cap on it. It that correct?

2nd: My A/C has been taking a very long time to get cool. Yes this is after the car sits in the sun for a long period of time, but it seems to take a little too long. Sometimes it doesn't start getting cool until I get to work and that's about a 20 mintue drive. At night, it's ice cold.

I bought one of those A/C checking kits. The thermo reads about 75* in the vent at full blast. Normal is between 45*-60* and the pressure tester pen reads a little over 65 psi. Now according to the instructions in the kit, 65 is the start of "too much pressure"

I did test it right, a little bit hissed out when I put the tester in the hole.

Is having too much psi making my a/c system not work well

New compressor installed in May 2006

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote