View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #19
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
bdyman is right, fir it first. I had no experience and I did mine myself.

remove the stock front and rear, match up the front bumper to get an idea of where you need to drill holes, (think 1/4 inch is good) your main holes up front will be the 2 that are at the top (you will see the tabs) make sure the sides are matched up right, may need a friend or 2 to hold sides as you mark your top 2 holes. drill them and once done put bumper back on then you can mark your holes for the side, there is one i think on each side on the front quarters I believe. be carefull becasue those hole are going to be close to the ege of the kit and will be very fragile. Once that is done the only thing left is to screw in the screws for the wheel wells, did i leave anything out anybody?

Back: similar to the front there will be i think like 5 push pop screws on the top you will want to measure, drill those match up, and then you have i think 1 again on each side for the rear quarters (again will be close to edge of kit and it will be fragile, then wheel well screws ( do not beleive you will need to predrill but def screw in before painted to get holes there.

Sides, lay sides over factory skirts and mark spots to drill ( i dont think predrilling is necessary for that either) now on one side i was able to screw the underneath to the underbody with one or 2 screws, but the other side I couldnt, yo may or may not want to do this, and if they corrected the problem with the skirts you may not be able to at all or may be able to on both side, as long as it is secure you shouldnt have a problem. i think driver side I needed to shave some of the front top of the side skirt to fit.

That is what I did and I am sure someone will tell me I did something wrong, but it worked for me, and looks good.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote