View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
-I'm leaking oil now from what looks to be the valve cover gasket
Along with most LD9 owners. Mine leaks on the spark plug side of the exhaust cam tower.
Quote:
-We tested some of my sensors to see if there was one shot that could explain why my car dies on me sometimes
IAC and TPS, replace 'em.

Quote:
For my valve cover gasket, I'm guessing they didnt like boost very much. What type of gasket should I use? Any brand I should look at? Where to buy?

As for the gasket, I know I should just go with polyurethan ones, but where to buy? and also is there a big difference in price VS stock ones?
It's just because it's a common leak, nothing to do with boosting or not; it's your camshaft tower cover gasket. Just make sure it's not twisted or an thing when you put the new one in, it's just like a wiggly line gasket that sits in a cutout.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote