View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 02:15 AM   #33
AnderbrA
GLS member

AnderbrA is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to AnderbrA Send a message via Yahoo to AnderbrA
Josh, i asked up front for patience, you guys dont understand that this is a 1 man operation, start from scratch, research the best ways to do things......best silicone to put around the lenses to keep light from bleeding out, what type of epoxy to use for a strong, yet waterproof hold that will allow the plexi to flex with heat change, what type of extruded acrylic works best for the lenses, impact testing, scratching, scuffing, heat issues with the prismatic, paint for the borders, that will provide a decent match yet not prone to the elements.....temp in which the different types of extruded head porportionatelly, yet not enough to bubble, then cooldown time to be rigid enough to release pressure, not to mention the molds and the materials used to keep from scratching or marring the surface of the acrylic, yet providing a waveless curve....and the 700mile round trips across the state of SD to work on the molds, along with job hunting/interviews/ other errands....

ok im done

all i asked for upfront is patience, im sorry if im coming off as sharp, but you have to realize research and development takes a lot of time.....and MONEY! you have no idea how much money i have wasted on plexi that doesnt work or isnt perfect when trying to find the best, you cant just melt it back down and reuse it.....

ok now im really done....sorry guys its been an interesting week.

Bryce

www.anderbrainnovations.com

07 Cadillac STS V8
07 Mitsubishi Galant ES
00 Olds Alero - Parts
02 Lincoln LS V8 Sport - RIP
AnderbrA is offline   Reply With Quote