Thread: VIDEO: Dyno
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
speed industry
GX Member

speed industry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Ahahaha. Jan's dyno tends to read 80whp lower than another local Mustang dyno (and Mustang dynos read lower than Dynojets). It was comical. This is why it's notoriously known as the "heartbreaker" dyno. I was like "excuse me as I go shoot myself." Should be somewhere around 230-240whp.

Ok Chris..need to clarify.. my dyno does not 'read' 80 whp low. We had one car test down in Ohio on a newer model Mustang dyno @ 400awhp.. a week later on my dyno he tested @ 360awhp. So based on a sample of one..that's 10%.

Friday on the dyno you were only boosting at 7 Psig, heat soaked plenum.. IAT and ECT were high.. so it made what it made.

It does not at all surprise me that it was boosting higher on the street because ambient air temps outside on Friday evening were damn near zero F.

The only last unknown variable is actual engine RPM.. because of your auto trans, and lack of ignition pick up accessibility.. we had to roll-match the dyno with the torque converter supposedly locked via your tuning software.. if there was slippage in the trans.. the RPM the dyno was seeing could have been inaccurate.

Overall I'm not too surprised at 165 whp on a low compression 2.4L with the charger blowing hot air at 7Psig.. a typical 02 WRX puts down around 150awhp from a small stock turbo.. you're a bit up on one of those.. you could always find a stock WRX to race to see who wins?
speed industry is offline   Reply With Quote