View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #40
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[ion] C2What are good plugs? Anything but BOSCH. I only use NGK. NGK TR55 are what you need.

x2 You dont need to get a fancy spark plug to get more power. Copper conducts electricity better than platinum, but will last less. So if you want a better performing plug, go copper. If you want a longer lasting plug, go platinum. Your choice.
As for plug boots, I remember someone saying they ran richer using performance aftermarket boots.
Octane wont really make you much faster either. Unless you were to bring up your compression ratio, or have forced induction, Octane is not something that will help your car.
Overall, cheap mods wont really get you anywhere (thats the reason I haven't done anything on mine). Forced induction is expensive, and other mods (exhaust, CAI, larger throttle body, etc...) need to be done at the same time to reach their full potential. If you were to upgrade your exhaust, sure you will have more exhaust flow, but unless you get the CAI too, you wont see much benefit, because your intake is not bringing in as much air as the exhaust can pull out and vice versa.