Thread: WAI to CAI mod
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
WAI to CAI mod

Ok, I'm looking at my Cosmo and comparing it to the picture of a K&N CAI, the big difference seems to me to be the box trapping cold air from the "Air Duct"

That seems like a pretty easy thing to replicate, given all the space in that area.

Has anyone tried making one before or is any member making a peice like this to sell or is interested?

I'm thinking it might be possible to cut up the factory filter box to trap the air around it, but i don't wanna cut up my factory box, as if by some odd twist of fate I need to put that system back on again.

I'm afraid of fiber glassing, especially in an engine compartment so Im not sure about how to make a home made one.

Currently I have screwed that curved piece of pipe from the factory duct into where it just slid in, becuase it makes it end right by the filter, I did this on the theory it would dump that cold air by the filter and be sucked in.
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote