View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
Also, what's everyone's opinion of either dropping the car and/or getting bigger rims to fill up the wells?
You don't get bigger wheels to "fill up the wheel wells." As the wheel size increases, the tire sidewall decreases, to maintain the proper overall diameter of the stock wheel/tire combo. Otherwise your gearing and everything based on vehicle speed will be incorrect. And everyone likes "rims and a drop."

Quote:
JKL GTR type-C spoiler
Don't know what this is, Google yields zero results, but I can guarantee it's going to look horrendous just by the name. It has to be a gigantic ricer wing.
Quote:
Wize DTM type muffler
Name sounds like a bad idea, canister mufflers don't seem to ever sound decent on any vehicle, regardless of displacement.
Quote:
I think it's Ion that has the aleromod front windshield decal?...I was just wondering if you did that custom or if the forums actually sell them, because I'll definitely slap that on my Alero for the looks and to rep the name.
Used to, I got it off www.autotrimdesign.net.
Quote:
Last question, as far as installing the combat kit onto my car, to DIY all you do is pull the stock bumper off, mount the kit (since it's a bumper replacement) to where it would sit and just mark where the bracket holes are, drill them out, and when you're ready to install just pop the brackets back on, right?...or how should I go about it?
Yes but there's no brakets to pop back on... you're just marking the places to drill. Nothing comes off but the bumpers.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote